For better context of what these NYR posts mean, see this intro post.
I got a little confused as to which week was which. The week ending April 8th is week 14. For that week, I completed the large sewn, glued and taped backing for the giant 10-foot-by-4-foot painting, upon which I intend to mount over 800 interlocked paper ninja stars, and paint an image on one side. What image it will be has mostly stayed the same, although lately I have speculated about in what style to paint it..
I also have, in an attempt to purge my living space of magazine back issues lying about, begun a similar project of my old “experiment in color” I’d done quite some time ago, shown below. For this recent-er version, I’ve cut out slices the size of the socket plate iteslf (without bisecting them) to make possibly a large grid. I dumpster-dove some old one-sided signage, sturdy enough to use the reverse’s blank white side as an art surface and just make the original signage part face the wall when hung. Blank walls: prepare to have some color courtesy your magazine friends Vogue and Veranda.
Below is the old experiment-in-color that I wouldn’t call an amazing success, but nonetheless a completed one. I may take this idea in newer directions, though..